Effective watershed management requires a multi-faceted approach to address the range of stormwater and floodplain issues. Molly O’Toole & Associates, Ltd. is here for you and your team.
Molly O’Toole & Associates, Ltd.:
- Developed state-wide floodplain re-mapping plan for Illinois
- Developed regional stormwater management plans for Cook County
- Co-author of handbook alternate watershed management approaches
Advisor and reviewer to FEMA’s Community Rating System
- Manager of stormwater detention effectiveness research
- Advisor and reviewer of countywide stormwater management plans in northeastern Illinois
- Versed in steady and unsteady modeling methods, including HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-2, HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoRAS and UNET
- Performed multi-dimensional (2D) modeling (RMA2 and SMS)
- GIS applications for hydrology and hydraulic models
- Numerous studies involving alternatives approaches to watershed management, include levee removal and sediment transport analyses
Members of MO&A are professional engineers as well as Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM). As CFMs, they have a proven level of expertise in floodplain mapping, the requirements and standards of the National Flood Insurance Program, the requirements and standards of state floodplain management programs, and the administrative procedures needed to make floodplain management work at the community level.